So you just made a big batch of Tuscan Chicken Stock, now what? For the finale of our 'Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner' series, this beans and greens stew is a simple yet nourishing dish that comes together in just a few minutes! This recipe features the earthy flavors of our herbaceous Tuscan Seasoning and a pinch of Crushed Red Pepper for a little kick of heat to wake up your tastebuds. Grab those beans from the back of your pantry, that bag of greens in your fridge and whip up a bowl of this healthy comfort food!
PS- if you're cooking with dried beans, don't forget to soak them! While it's not totally necessary, it shortens cooking time and gives them a better texture!
BEANS n GREENS
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 20 minutes
1/2 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt, to taste
Spicewalla Black Pepper Table Grind, to taste
1.5 tsp Spicewalla Tuscan Seasoning
pinch of Spicewalla Crushed Red Pepper
3 cups chicken stock (veggie stock works too!)
2 cups cooked beans
4 cups spinach, kale, or chard
Crusty bread, sliced and toasted (optional)
1. Drizzle olive oil into a saute pan over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic, cook until they are just starting to take color. Season with salt and pepper and add Spicewalla Tuscan Seasoning.
3. Pour the stock and bring to a simmer.
4. Add the cooked beans and Spicewalla Crushed Red Pepper, bring back up to a simmer.
5. Turn off the heat and stir in the greens, cook until wilted.
6. Serve over toasted bread, if using. Dig in!