1 cup fine diced white onion
Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt to taste
3 Tbs vegetable oil (not olive)
2/3 cup diced tomatoes
2 Tbs diced serranos (or any green chili de-seeded)
1/4 tsp Spicewalla x Diaspora Co. Turmeric
1/4 tsp Spicewalla Kashmiri Chili Powder (or Spicewalla Cayenne)
2 Tbs half and half or heavy cream
2/3 cup chopped cilantro
2 Tbs cold butter
1. Sauté onions in oil on medium high heat in a large non stick pan with a generous pinch of salt till the edges begin to brown.
2. Add tomatoes and chillis, cook till tomatoes have melted and add turmeric and red chilli powder.
3. Stir for a minute and add 2/3 of the cilantro.
4. Sauté for another minute and turn heat off.
5. Whisk eggs and half & half well (but don’t let the eggs get frothy).
6. Turn heat back to low and add the eggs.
7. Cook at low heat stirring frequently.
8. Eggs will start to form curds in 5-6 minutes. Add the butter in small chunks and stir in.
9. In another 3-5 minutes eggs will be done. They should be soft and creamy.