A fun twist on fennel candies, this buttery, zingy brittle is the perfect marriage of sweet and savory. Plus, fresh fennel seeds promote healthy digestion and freshen your breath. A candy that's beneficial to your health? We can get behind that.
Fennel Seed Brittle
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 Tbs Spicewalla Fennel Seed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a medium saucepot, combine the butter, sugar, water, and salt and cook over medium-high heat, stirring until the mixture begins to slightly change color
- Add 2 Tbsp of fennel seeds and continue to stir and cook until dark golden brown in color.
- Remove from the heat and immediately pour the mixture into the pan, using a spatula to spread it into an even layer, about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle the remaining 1 Tbsp fennel seed on top of the brittle. Cool until firm.
- Break the brittle into pieces and enjoy!