2 Tbs vegetable oil
3 Tbs fresh ginger, diced
2 cloves fresh garlic, Sliced
1-2 small Serrano chillies, diced
2-3 fresh curry Leaves
1 small bunch cilantro, stems and leaves separated, diced
1/2 cup red onions, sliced thinly
1/2 bell pepper, sliced (any color is fine)
Salt to taste
1 cup frozen vegetable medley (we used corn, peas, & carrots)
2 packs Maggi Noodles (with flavor packs), broken up
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
1. Heat oil in a cast iron pan or heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Add diced ginger, garlic, Serrano chillies, curry leaves, and diced cilantro stems. Sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
2. Add red onion and bell pepper. Salt to taste.
3. Stir in the frozen vegetable medley and cook until tender.
4. In a separate small pot, add enough water to cook the noodles and bring to a boil. Add broken Maggi noodles and 1 flavor packet. (Save the other packet for the veggies!) Let boil for about 2 minutes until al dente. Reserve about a cup of cooking liquid for later, then strain off the rest of the liquid.
5. Add the second flavor packet to your sautéed veggies, and deglaze your pan with rice wine vinegar and soy sauce.
6. Add drained noodles to the veggie mixture and some of reserved cooking liquid. How much you add is up to you - some folks prefer a ramen feel, and some only want a little broth.
7. Serve immediately with fresh lime wedges and chopped cilantro.