1 whole cooked chicken, most of the meat removed
1 large onion, quartered with skins
3-4 carrots, roughly chopped
3-4 celery stalks, roughly chopped
1 garlic bulb, halved lengthwise
2 tsp Spicewalla Black Peppercorn
2 Spicewalla Bay Leaves
2 tsp Spicewalla Tuscan Seasoning
- Place all ingredients in a large stockpot.
- Pour enough water into the pot to completely cover all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook on a low simmer for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours, the stock will deepen in color the longer its cooked. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Remove as much of the chicken and vegetables as possible with a large slotted spoon.
- Strain the liquid through a fine-mesh strainer into storage containers.
- Let cool completely before storing the fridge or freezer.