So you just finished carving your beautifully roasted chicken...don't throw out those bones, now! They are essential to our second installment of "Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner": Stock! One of the most versatile ingredients around and the easiest to make. Featuring our Tuscan Seasoning that's packed with delicious herbs, as well as black peppercorns, and bay leaves to give that perfect depth of flavour. Use this stock in place of water as a cooking base for rice & lentils or make some hearty, comforting soups and stews. Need an immune boost? Drink a warm cup of this nutritious nectar straight up! Store in your fridge or freezer and then pat yourself on the back because you won't have to worry about any bland meals in your future. We're so proud of you.
TUSCAN CHICKEN STOCK
Yield: 3-4 quarts of stock
Time: 2-8 hours
1 whole cooked chicken, most of the meat removed
1 large onion, quartered with skins
3-4 carrots, roughly chopped
3-4 celery stalks, roughly chopped
1 garlic bulb, halved lengthwise
2 tsp Spicewalla Black Peppercorn
2 Spicewalla Bay Leaves
2 tsp Spicewalla Tuscan Seasoning
1. Place all ingredients in a large stockpot.
2. Pour enough water into the pot to completely cover all ingredients.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover.
4. Cook on a low simmer for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours, the stock will deepen in color the longer its cooked. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
5. Remove as much of the chicken and vegetables as possible with a large slotted spoon.
6. Strain the liquid through a fine-mesh strainer into storage containers.
7. Let cool completely before storing the fridge or freezer.