2oz Irish Whiskey
.75 oz rich demerara syrup*
5oz hot coffee
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
2 bottles of Underberg
1 tsp of Spicewalla Green Cardamom Powder
1 tsp of Spicewalla Cinnamon Powder
Spicewalla Cinnamon Sticks for garnish (optional)
*Demerara syrup: 1 part boiling water : 2 parts demerara sugar - stir to dissolve.
- Combine 1 cup of heavy whipping cream with 2 bottles of Underberg and a teaspoon of Spicewalla Green Cardamom Powder.
- Whip cream lightly until soft peaks form, but don't over whip it!
- Add whiskey and demerara syrup to a pre-warmed mug (fill mug with hot water first, it will keep your drink warmer longer!)
- Pour hot coffee into mug, and stir well to combine your ingredients.
- Use the back of a spoon to slowly layer your lightly-whipped Underberg Cardamom cream on top, being careful not to break the coffee layer!
- Grate or sprinkle your beautifully fragrant Spicewalla Cinnamon right on top, and voila! You just made the greatest Irish Coffee of all time.