2 c. + 2 T. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
12 T. unsalted butter, gently melted and then cooled to room temperature
1 c. light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c. chocolate candy bars, diced into 1/4 inch pieces (we used Snickers, Reese’s cups, Milky Way, Kit Kat, Twix, and M&Ms)
a few pinches of Spicewalla Cyprus Flake Salt
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Spray or butter a 9 x 13 square baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar until combined.
- Whisk in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl and stir until just combined, be careful not to overmix. Add the chocolate candies and gently fold into the mixture.
- Place the cookie dough in the pan and press to make sure it is evened out on top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the top is light golden brown and the center of the cookie is set.
- Remove from the oven and generously sprinkle with Cyprus Sea Salt flaky sea salt.
- Cool to room temperature and then cut into squares. Enjoy!