2 ½ cups Aged Rum (We Like Plantation 3 star or Stiggins Fancy)
¼ cup Dry curacao
1.5 oz Luxardo maraschino liqueur (optional)
12 Lg egg yolks
1/4 cup cane sugar
3 cups Trader Joes Non Dairy Oat Beverage
2 cups Trader Joes Non-Dairy Oat Creamer (brown Sugar)
1 tsp Spicewalla Ground Cinnamon
¼ tsp Spicewalla Ground Ginger
1 vanilla bean split or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 2 ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Garnish with freshly ground Spicewalla Nutmeg
- Combine milk, Creamer, cinnamon, Vanilla bean or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cloves in a saucepan over the lowest heat setting; stir and heat for 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-low and slowly bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk egg yolks in a large bowl until light yellow in color. Add sugar and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Pour some of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking quickly to avoid scrambling the eggs. Continue adding hot milk and whisking to combine until all milk is incorporated.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick, about 3 minutes; do not allow the mixture to boil. Strain to remove cloves and let cool for about 1 hour.
- Stir in rum, and (if using) the remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla Refrigerate before serving, 8 hours to overnight.
- Garnish with Fresh nutmeg and cinnamon when serving.