2oz Beefeater Dry Gin
.75oz Bordiga Bianco Vermouth
.25oz Fino Sherry
2 barspoons (a scant .25oz) of shallot brine
Garnish with a pickled shallot
for the pickled shallots
2 shallots, peeled and sliced lengthwise in 1/2 inch chunks
1.5oz cups apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 cup of sugar
1 tbsp. Kosher salt
2 tbsp. Spicewalla Mulling Spice
1 tsp. Spicewalla Green Cardamom Seed
1/2 tsp. Spicewalla Yellow Mustard Seed
1/2 tsp. Spicewalla Coriander Seed
1/2 tsp. Spicewalla Peppercorn Medley
1 Spicewalla Bay Leaf
to make the pickled shallots:
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir to dissolve sugar completely.
- Add shallot pieces to the pot and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove shallot pieces from the brine and store in a container or jar.
- Allow the brine to cool completely, then store in a separate container. Refrigerate overnight.
- Rejoin the shallots and brine in a container. Keep refrigerated and it will keep for about 4 weeks.
to assemble the cocktail:
- Add gin, vermouth, sherry, and shallot brine to a mixing or pint glass and fill with ice.
- Stir for 20 seconds, or until glass feels nice and chilly.
- Use a julep or Hawthorne strainer to strain cocktail into a frozen coupe or martini glass.
- Garnish with a skewered pickled shallot. Delicious!