2 Tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
1 tsp Spicewalla Nora Chilli Flakes, plus more for garnish
1 (28 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes
Salt, to taste
13 oz Paccheri pasta
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (like you’d use for pizza)
3-4 fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, optional
- In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the smashed garlic cloves, sauté in the oil for about 3 minutes until the garlic starts to brown.
- Add the Nora Chilli Flakes and cook for another minute, until fragrant.
- Add the can of whole tomatoes and bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook for another 8-10 minutes until the sauce has thickened, use a spoon or spatula to break up the tomatoes as they cook down.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, about 3 qts. Cook the pasta until al dente, about 1 minute shy of the suggested cooking time on the package.
- Once the pasta is finished cooking, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water, set aside.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the sauce and gently stir to combine. Add the pasta water, butter, finely grated parmesan cheese, and basil leaves.
- Cook, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is glossy and gorgeous.
- Serve immediately and garnish with more fresh basil leaves and fresh grated parmesan.