for the cake:
¾ cup sugar
⅓ cup whole milk plain yogurt
1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp Spicewalla Green Cardamom Powder
⅔ cup Brightland Alive Olive Oil
Spicewalla Cardamom Sugar
for the glaze:
¼ cup Brightland Orange Blossom Honey
1 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Use non-stick spray or butter to coat the inside of the Lodge Cast Iron Loaf Pan and line with parchment paper so that there is a little bit of parchment hanging over each long edge of the pan.
- Remove the zest from the oranges and reserve 2 Tbsp for the glaze.
- Cut the zested oranges in half and juice them. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the sugar and remaining orange zest. Use your fingers to mix the zest into the sugar.
- Add ⅓ cup of the orange juice and the yogurt, whisk together to combine.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Spicewalla Cardamom Powder. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and whisk together.
- Slowly drizzle in the Brightland Alive Olive Oil while gently stirring with a rubber spatula until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Lodge Cast Iron Loaf Pan. Sprinkle Spicewalla Cardamom Sugar on top.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes until golden brown and a knife or toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the glaze by combining the Brightland Orange Blossom Honey with the orange juice in a small mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds then stir to combine. Set aside.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Place a wire cooling rack on top of a sheet tray. Gently loosen the ends around the cake with a butter knife. Use the excess parchment to gently lift the loaf out of the pan and onto the cooling rack.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and let cool for another 30 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!