1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbs unsalted butter, divided
1 shallot, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbs Spicewalla Nora Chilli Flakes
2 cups dry white wine
3 pounds fresh mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
1/2 cup fresh herbs, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon plus more for serving
- Inspect the mussels for cracks or mussels that are open. Tap the open mussels on the counter, if they close within a few minutes they are still fresh, if they don’t close, throw them out.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat, add olive oil and 2 Tbs of butter
- Once the butter is melted, add the shallot, garlic and Nora Chilli Flakes and saute for 2-3 minutes stirring frequently
- Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 5-6 minutes
- Add the mussels, turn the heat down to medium, cover and steam until all of the mussels are opened, if you find any that aren’t open, throw them out
- Remove the mussels and place them on a serving platter or bowl
- Add the remaining 1 Tbs of butter to the broth along with half of the fresh herbs and the juice of 1/2 of a lemon and simmer for about 1 minute until thickened.
- Pour the broth over the mussels and garnish with the remaining fresh herbs and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
WATCH ALYSE MAKE NORA CHILLI MUSSELS BELOW!