1 cup butter softened
1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 tsp Spicewalla pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add vanilla and eggs, mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to batter mix well.
- Add remaining flour mixture, mix well.
- Add oats and pecans (if you're into nuts).
- Drop 1 Tbsp of dough onto greased cookie sheets. Top with some more Pumpkin Pie spice and a few pecans for decoration.
- Bake for approx. 8 minutes or until golden brown. They spread, so make sure there is 2" or more between 'em! Makes 5-6 dozen.
When we talked about developing the Holiday Collection we wanted to focus on the flavors that were nostalgic to us. Drinking mulled wine with my Dad and playing cards while we waited for the thanksgiving feast to be completed was an important memory for me. Isaac wanted an apple pie spice to remind him of his Uncle George exclaiming "No 'i', no pie!" as he waited for the ice cream to accompany its lonely apple pie partner out on the kitchen table. Then it came to the pumpkin pie. We talked a lot about whether or not to join in on the Pumpkin Spice frenzy and came to realization that whether we like it or not, this "basic" spice blend is the nostalgic flavour of this generation. Memories will be made with Pumpkin Spice everything, and if you can't fight 'em, join 'em!
We zipped up our fleece vests, pulled up our Ugg boots, and turned up that Mariah Carey Christmas jam. All I want for Christmas is you, Holiday Collection!
If you're still thinking you're too cool for the PSL, we've got your back with this Pumpkin Pie Spice cookie recipe.