For the salad:
2 spears of asparagus
1/4 fennel bulb
Fennel fronds for garnish
For the dressing:
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tsp lemon juice
1 Tbs Spicewalla Mustard and Tarragon
3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Using a vegetable peeler, create thin ribbons of asparagus and carrots by peeling them lengthwise. Place in a bowl of ice water.
- Using a mandolin or knife, tinkly slice the fennel and radishes and add these to the ice water bowl with the other vegetables.
- Make the dressing: combine the vinegar, lemon juice, Mustard & Tarragon, olive oil and salt and pepper, whisk together to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until fully combined. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Drain the vegetables and spread them out on a towel, gently pat dry. Add to a mixing bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately and finish with a drizzle of olive oil and fennel fronds. Enjoy!