You walk outside on a sunny Spring morning. Your eyes are still forming. The birds are singing delightful melodies, and the smell of fresh cut grass fills the air. Lawn mowers are mowing, joggers are jogging and the garden is prime for gardening!
As new growth is upon us and in honor of our Mother Earth 🌎 , we bring to you this Spring Vegetable Salad that is the epitome of freshness. Crunchy raw vegetables are tossed with a zippy vinaigrette using our Mustard & Tarragon blend to create a colorful dish that is packed with fantastic flavours. Whether you've got a green thumb or just green foods on the mind, this perfectly lush salad is just what your body is craving.
Mustard & Tarragon Spring Vegetable Salad
For the salad:
2 spears of asparagus
1/4 fennel bulb
Fennel fronds for garnish
For the dressing:
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tsp lemon juice
1 Tbs Spicewalla Mustard and Tarragon
3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Using a vegetable peeler, create thin ribbons of asparagus and carrots by peeling them lengthwise. Place in a bowl of ice water.
- Using a mandolin or knife, tinkly slice the fennel and radishes and add these to the ice water bowl with the other vegetables.
- Make the dressing: combine the vinegar, lemon juice, Mustard & Tarragon, olive oil and salt and pepper, whisk together to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until fully combined. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Drain the vegetables and spread them out on a towel, gently pat dry. Add to a mixing bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately and finish with a drizzle of olive oil and fennel fronds. Enjoy!