1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 pound ground beef
½ white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbs Spicewalla Mom's Taco Seasoning
Mexican melting cheese
Cooking oil spray
Sour cream, for serving
Guacamole, for serving
Salsa, for serving
- Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, and Mom's Taco Seasoning to the pan, saute for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Add the ground beef and cook for about 5 minutes until browned.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for about 15 seconds until they are very pliable.
- Place a small amount of the filling and a piece of cheese in the tortilla, roll up and secure with a toothpick if necessary, be careful not to overfill.
- Place the taquitos in a single layer in an air fryer and spray with oil.
- Cook at 400*F for 7-10 minutes until golden brown. Repeat with remaining taquitos.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole and salsa. Enjoy!
Absolutely, D! Just use a nice high-heat oil like avocado, and pan fry these little devils. You can also spray them with oil and pop em into a 400°F oven until they’re golden and crispy.