3/4 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1/4 tsp clove powder
1/2 tsp salt
Extra granulated sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Beat the butter and 1 cup sugar until creamy on medium/low speed.
- Add molasses and egg, beating on medium until well blended.
- In a separate bowl blend the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the molasses mixture, mix well. Cover and chill for about an hour.
- After chilled, remove from fridge and form one inch balls with the dough (or whatever size you prefer), roll each ball in sugar, place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart (nonstick, greased tray, or parchment paper on tray).
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand 1 minute,
- Remove cookies to wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
We haven’t tested almond flour, Karin – but it’s definitely worth a try! Let us know how they turn out.