Recipe by Molly Irani
I have worn many hats over the years of running our restaurants - from Front of House manager to Hospitality Director. But the role I love the most is being the Chai Pani mom. Caring for our teams involves a lot of intention, and sometimes it means showing up with a great home made cookie on a rough day. Spreading love, especially love baked into cookies, brings me so much joy. I love to bake and my mother is a world class baker so we have a lot of good cookie recipes in our family. This is a great one and super easy - and it’s one of my favorite things to pair with chai time!
Ginger Molasses Cookies
3/4 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp. ginger powder
1/4 tsp clove powder
1/2 tsp salt
Extra granulated sugar (for rolling)
preparation:1) Preheat oven to 375º
2 )Beat the butter and 1 cup sugar until creamy on medium/low speed.
3) Add molasses and egg, beating on medium until well blended.
4) In a separate bowl blend the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.
5) Add the dry mixture to the molasses mixture, mix well. Cover and chill for about an hour.
6) After chilled, remove from fridge and form one inch balls with the dough (or whatever size you prefer), roll each ball in sugar, place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart (nonstick, greased tray, or parchment paper on tray).
7) Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
8) Remove from oven and let stand 1 minute,
9) Remove cookies to wire rack to cool. Enjoy!