for the the peppercorn-vanilla vermouth:
1. Add pink peppercorns to a small pan and carefully toast for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
2. Add pink peppercorns and vanilla bean to a jar or container with a lid.
3. Pour vermouth into the container, close the lid and shake vigorously.
4. Infuse for 24 hours.
5. Fine strain and discard peppercorns and vanilla.
6. Store vermouth in the refrigerator.
to assemble the cocktail:
1. Combine vodka and vermouth in a mixing or pint glass and fill with ice.
2. Stir well, then strain into an ice cold coupe.
3. Top with sparkling wine of your choice (Prosecco, Cava, Sparkling Rosé, etc. all work great!)
4. Express a lemon peel over the top of the drink, then twist the peel and garnish on the edge of the glass.