1 cup salted butter (2 sticks), room temperature
1/8 cup cream cheese, room temperature
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp lemon or orange zest
1 whole egg and one egg yolk
2 ¾ cups flour
20 Jolly Ranchers of various colors
Spicewalla Cranberry Orange and Lemon Lavender infused sugars
- With a stand or hand mixer, combine the butter, cream cheese and sugar for about two minutes.
- Add the vanilla, zest, whole egg & egg yolk and mix for another minute.
- Add one cup of the flour and mix for 15 seconds. Add a second cup of flour and mix for 15 seconds. Add the final ¾ cup flour and mix until it all comes together. Be careful not to over-mix!
- Place the dough on plastic wrap, form into a 2-inch high tube shape, tightly cover it in plastic wrap, and let sit in the fridge for at least an hour to cool completely.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Crush your Jolly Ranchers in plastic bags, keeping each color separate.
- Take your dough out of the fridge and dust your working space with flour. Roll out your dough to ¼ inch thick.
- With a round cookie cutter, cut out shapes and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. With a smaller cookie cutout (a much smaller circle, star, or any small shape), remove the center of the cookie. You can re-roll leftover dough, but it's best if you form it back in a disc and let it go back into the fridge for at least 20-30 minutes covered in plastic.
- Sprinkle some Spicewalla Cranberry Orange or Lemon Lavender infused sugar on the top of the cookies (depending on whether you used orange or lemon zest).
- Bake cookies for about 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully place broken pieces of the Jolly Rancher candy in the center.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, until the candy has all melted.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for an hour while the candy cools and sets.