1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
1 cup walnuts halves
1 lb small raw shrimp peeled, deveined, and tails removed
½ tsp Spicewalla onion powder
½ tsp Spicewalla garlic powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp Spicewalla Table Ground Black Pepper
¼ cup cornstarch
vegetable oil for frying
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons scallions chopped
- Heat a medium pan with brown sugar, water and walnuts. Bring them to a boil and allow the sugar to thicken up without burning.
- Spoon the walnuts over parchment paper and allow them to cool down and dry. Set aside.
- Season the shrimp with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Coat them with cornstarch and deep fry the shrimp in batches until curled and lightly golden. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine; mayonnaise, condensed milk, honey and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Add the fried shrimp, walnuts and pour the prepared sauce on top. Toss everything until well combined.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve.