1.5oz Effen Cucumber Vodka
.5oz Ancho Reyes Verde poblano liqueur
.75oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz carrot ginger turmeric syrup
2-3 slices of cucumber
pinch of Spicewalla Ancho Chilli Powder
Topo Chico, or a sparkling water of your choice
carrot ginger turmeric syrup:
1/2 cup cane sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Turmeric Powder
1/2 cup carrot juice
to make the carrot ginger turmeric syrup:
- Add sugar and water to a small pot and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Reduce heat to low and add ginger slices. Stir and continue simmering for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes, allowing the ginger to steep.
- Once the syrup has cooled, strain out the ginger and add carrot juice and turmeric powder.
- Stir to combine, then bottle and refrigerate.
to assemble the cocktail:
- Add cucumber slices to a shaking tin and add a healthy pinch of ancho chili powder.
- Use a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon to muddle the cucumber.
- Add the cucumber vodka, poblano liqueur, lemon juice, and carrot-ginger-turmeric syrup to the tin.
- Fill the tin with ice and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Fine strain into a collins or rocks glass and fill with fresh ice.
- Top with Topo Chico and garnish with a slice of fresh cucumber.