1.5oz Effen Cucumber Vodka
.5oz Ancho Reyes Verde poblano liqueur
.75oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz carrot ginger turmeric syrup
2-3 slices of cucumber
pinch of Spicewalla Ancho Chilli Powder
Topo Chico, or a sparkling water of your choice
carrot ginger turmeric syrup:
1/2 cup cane sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
1/2 tsp Spicewalla Turmeric Powder
1/2 cup carrot juice
to make the carrot ginger turmeric syrup:
1. Add sugar and water to a small pot and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
2. Reduce heat to low and add ginger slices. Stir and continue simmering for 1-2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes, allowing the ginger to steep.
4. Once the syrup has cooled, strain out the ginger and add carrot juice and turmeric powder.
5. Stir to combine, then bottle and refrigerate.
to assemble the cocktail:
1. Add cucumber slices to a shaking tin and add a healthy pinch of ancho chili powder.
2. Use a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon to muddle the cucumber.
3. Add the cucumber vodka, poblano liqueur, lemon juice, and carrot-ginger-turmeric syrup to the tin.
4. Fill the tin with ice and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
5. Fine strain into a collins or rocks glass and fill with fresh ice.
6. Top with Topo Chico and garnish with a slice of fresh cucumber.