2 ½ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1 Tablespoon Spicewalla Ginger Powder
¼ tsp Spicewalla Black Pepper, Table Grind
1 tsp Spicewalla Cinnamon Powder
1 tsp baking soda
12 Tbs of unsalted butter
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup molasses
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
Raw sugar, as needed
Dulce de leche, to finish
Spicewalla Cyprus Flake Salt, to finish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, ginger, black pepper, cinnamon, and baking soda together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with a hand mixer, add the butter and brown sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl a few times as needed.
- Add the egg, molasses, and vanilla extract to the sugar mixture and mix on medium speed until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined, be careful not to overmix!
- Chill the dough for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325*F.
- Remove the cookie dough from the fridge and roll into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball into the raw sugar and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are set but the middle is still soft.
- Cool completely at room temperature. Spread dulce de leche on each cookie and sprinkle with flake salt. Enjoy!