She's beauty, she's grace, she's Florentine. These lacy, crispy, cookies are sure to be a show stopper on your dessert table. Freshly grated nutmeg perfectly balances out the buttery, toffee-like flavors of these delicate beauties. Bonus: they're gluten-free!
cranberry pistachio florentines
Time: 40 minutes
1 cup dried cranberries
⅓ cup all purpose gluten-free flour
2 cups sliced almonds
1 cup pistachios, chopped
6 Tbs unsalted butter
¾ cup heavy cream
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbs freshly grated Spicewalla Whole Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325*F and prepare sheet trays with parchment paper or silpats.
- Mix together the cranberries, gluten-free flour, almonds and pistachios in a large heat-safe mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a saucepot, combine the butter, heavy cream, and sugar. Bring to boil and remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla and and freshly grated nutmeg.
- Pour the butter mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients, stir to combine.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the cookie batter onto the prepared sheet tray, leaving 6 inches in between each cookie, these will spread a LOT! Gently flatten each mound with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes then gently transfer to a wire rack.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and enjoy!