Who says tacos get to have all the fun? Tostadas are the open faced version of the taco typically served on crispy corn tortillas (gluten-free!). For a lighter, healthier version we used avocado crema as the base instead of refried beans -- don't worry we didn't leave out the pinto beans! We used a store-bought rotisserie chicken and kicked it up with fire roasted tomatoes, green chillies and our tangy, spicy Chilli Lime Seasoning to create the perfect weeknight dinner option.
Chilli Lime Chicken Tostadas
Yield: 6-8 servings
Time: 30 mins
For avocado crema:
2 avocados, ripe
1/2 cup sour cream
Pinch of kosher salt
3 Tbs lime juice, freshly squeezed, plus more for serving
1 clove garlic
1 Tbs Spicewalla Chilli Lime
For the chicken:
2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2 sweet onion, small diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 can green chillies
1 can pinto beans, drained
2 Tbs Spicewalla Chilli Lime
Salt and Pepper, to taste.
6-8 corn tostadas, warmed in the oven
Pico de Gallo
- Make the avocado cream: combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Cover and reserve in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a large saute pan, add the oil and heat over medium-high. Add the onion and garlic and cook until just starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the fire roasted tomatoes and green chillies to the pan and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add the pinto beans.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for about 5 minutes, stir in the chicken and cook uncovered for another 3-4 minutes. Taste and season with salt & pepper to your liking.
- To assemble: spread the avocado cream on the bottom of the warm tostada, top with the chicken then garnish with pico de Gallo, fresh cilantro a squeeze of lime and another pinch of Chilli Lime Seasoning. Enjoy!