For avocado crema:
2 avocados, ripe
1/2 cup sour cream
Pinch of kosher salt
3 Tbs lime juice, freshly squeezed, plus more for serving
1 clove garlic
1 Tbs Spicewalla Chilli Lime
For the chicken:
2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2 sweet onion, small diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 can green chillies
1 can pinto beans, drained
2 Tbs Spicewalla Chilli Lime
Salt and Pepper, to taste.
6-8 corn tostadas, warmed in the oven
Pico de Gallo
- Make the avocado cream: combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Cover and reserve in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a large saute pan, add the oil and heat over medium-high. Add the onion and garlic and cook until just starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the fire roasted tomatoes and green chillies to the pan and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add the pinto beans.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for about 5 minutes, stir in the chicken and cook uncovered for another 3-4 minutes. Taste and season with salt & pepper to your liking.
- To assemble: spread the avocado cream on the bottom of the warm tostada, top with the chicken then garnish with pico de Gallo, fresh cilantro a squeeze of lime and another pinch of Chilli Lime Seasoning. Enjoy!