¼ cup mayonnaise
1 large egg
1 tsp dijon mustard
½ tsp hot sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp Spicewalla Chesapeake Seafood Seasoning, plus extra for finishing
12 saltine crackers, finely crushed
8 oz lump crab meat
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp Spicewalla Black Pepper, table grind
2 Tbsp neutral oil, we used avocado oil
1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayo, egg, dijon mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire and Chesapeake Seafood Seasoning. Whisk until smooth, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the finely crushed saltine crackers, the lump crab meat, salt, and pepper. Gently stir to combine.
- Add the sauce to the bowl and gently stir until fully combined, try not to overwork it.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator, scoop about 2 Tbsp of the crab mixture and gently form into a patty with your hands. Don’t pack too tightly, you want these to be a little loose and rustic. Repeat until you have a total of 8 small patties.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add 1 Tbsp of oil. Once the oil is hot add 4 of the crab cakes to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes to get a nice golden brown sear, flip and cook on the other side for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place on a plate. Add another 1 Tbsp of oil to the pan and cook the other 4 crab cakes.
- Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges.