1 lb lamb stew meat
1/4 tsp Spicewalla Turmeric Powder
Salt, to taste
1/4 tsp Spicewalla Kashmiri Chilli Powder
1 Tbs garlic-ginger paste
¼ cup safflower oil
3 cups red onion, chopped
2 small red chillis, chopped
1 bunch cilantro stems, chopped
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1 bunch cilantro leaves, for garnish
Matchstick potatoes, for garnish
- Place the lamb in a bowl or a resealable plastic bag, add turmeric, a healthy pinch of salt, kashmiri chilli powder and garlic ginger paste, make sure pieces are evenly coated. Marinate at least an hour before cooking or in the fridge overnight.
- In a saute pan, heat the oil over medium, add the onions and a pinch of salt to sweat them, cook until they are soft, about 30 min.
- Add the lamb to the pan. Stir to incorporate with the onions, on high heat, letting the lamb fry. Turn heat down to medium after 3-4 minutes, or once lamb has a slightly browned on the outside.
- Add the red chilli pepper and cilantro stems. Stir well, then add in tomatoes, turning heat back to high. Add salt to taste. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid, turn the heat down to low, and continue cooking about 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened and reduced.
- Serve immediately with fresh cilantro leaves on top and crispy potato matchsticks. Enjoy!