1 1/4 cups ketchup
2 Tbsp prepared yellow mustard
1/2 cup Hog Sauce **
1/2 cup Hog Stock (or another stock or water)
3/4 tsp Spicewalla Onion Powder
3/4 tsp Spicewalla Garlic Powder
3/4 tsp Spicewalla Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp hickory smoke powder (optional)
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp light brown sugar
2 Tbsp molasses
2 Tbsp Texas Pete hot sauce
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
**For the hog sauce:
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
1/4 tsp Spicewalla Cayenne Chilli Powder
small pinch of Spicewalla Crushed Red Pepper
1/8 tsp Spicewalla Fine Ground Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Sugar
1 small wedge of lemon wrapped in cheesecloth
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pot.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and then remove from heat.
- This sauce will keep in the fridge for 1 week, but you should serve it warm.
For the hog sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot.
- Bring to a low simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Remove the lemon and let the mixture cool.