- Make sure your turkey is completely thawed if using frozen. Remove from the packaging and place on a cooling rack on top of a sheet pan. Pat dry.
- Make dry brine mixture: combine salt, Brining Spice, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Rub dry brine very generously over every surface of turkey breast, using your hand to pat into the skin. Place sheet tray in the fridge, uncovered for 24 hours.
- Remove turkey from the fridge 2 hours before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
To make compound butter:
- Mix ½ stick of room temperature butter with Buxton Turkey Rub in a small bowl. Place the other ½ stick of butter in a small saucepot and melt over low heat.
To roast turkey:
- Remove the turkey breast and cooling rack from the sheet tray and set aside for a moment. Rinse off the sheet pan and cover with aluminum foil. Place the cooling rack and turkey breast back onto the sheet pan.
- Rub the compound butter generously and evenly over the entire surface of the turkey breast.
- Roast at 425°F for 20 minutes, rotating halfway through, then reduce the heat of the oven to 325°F and baste with butter every 15 minutes until cooked completely. The thickest part of the breast should read 165°F on an instant read thermometer, and this should take about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and tent with foil, rest for 30 minutes.
- Carve and serve immediately.