Time: Active time: 2 hours, Rest time: 12 hours for dry brine + 2 hours to bring turkey to temp
Yield: 1 turkey breast, about 6 servings
1. Make sure your turkey is completely thawed if using frozen. Remove from the packaging and place on a cooling rack on top of a sheet pan. Pat dry.
2. Make dry brine mixture: combine salt, Brining Spice, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
3. Rub dry brine very generously over every surface of turkey breast, using your hand to pat into the skin. Place sheet tray in the fridge, uncovered for 24 hours.
4. Remove turkey from the fridge 2 hours before roasting.
5. Preheat oven to 425*F.
6. Make compound butter: Mix ½ stick of room temperature butter with Buxton Turkey Rub in a small bowl. Place the other ½ stick of butter in a small saucepot and melt over low heat.
7. Remove the turkey breast and cooling rack from the sheet tray and set aside for a moment. Rinse off the sheet pan and cover with aluminum foil. Place the cooling rack and turkey breast back onto the sheet pan.
8. Rub the compound butter generously and evenly over the entire turkey breast.
9. Roast at 425* for 20 minutes, rotating halfway through then reduce the heat of the oven to 325 and baste with butter every 15 minutes until cooked completely and the thickest part of the breast reads 160*F on an instant read thermometer, about 1 hour.
10. Remove from the oven and tent with foil, rest for 30 minutes.
11. Carve and serve immediately. Enjoy!