3 Tbsp Spicewalla Piri Piri
apple cider vinegar (preferably in a spray bottle for spritzing but you can also baste)
- Prep a chimney of coal and a multi-poked foil pouch of applewood chips for the grill. Coals on one side, pouch on top. The drumsticks will go on the opposite side.
- Toss 12 drumsticks with two palmfuls of Piri Piri rub, 3 heavy pinches of kosher salt, and a few swirls of canola oil
- Hang drumsticks on a roasting rack.
- Put rack into a kettle grill where you have already. Lid goes on with the vents half open on the side with the chicken.
- For the next 3 hours you’ll spritz (or baste) the drums every 20 mins with apple cider vinegar.
Note: As the coals die you’ll have to keep feeding new ones in. Swap the wood chip pouch out every hour, precisely. Dark meat like this is hard to mess up, so don’t worry too much about measurements! Just pull them before they get too dark, and keep them warm in the oven while you gather a bunch of bibs and napkins!