apple pie spiced pork chops
1 Tbs avocado or canola oil
2 bone-in center cut pork chops, about 1 inch thick
Spicewalla Black Peppercorns, freshly ground
1 tsp Spicewalla Apple Pie Spice
2 Tbs unsalted butter
3 garlic cloves, smashed
4-5 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 Tbs honey
1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- Remove the pork chops from the fridge about 30 minutes before cooking to allow them to come to room temperature.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and season liberally with kosher salt and pepper. Sprinkle both sides of each pork chop with the Apple Pie Spice and gently press seasonings into the meat.
- Add the oil to the cast iron pan, once the oil is shimmering add the pork chops and sear for about 2 minutes, flip and sear the other side for another 2 minutes. Continue to cook and flip the pork chops until the internal temperature reaches 130*F, about 6- 8 minutes total.
- Add the butter, garlic, thyme, honey and apple cider vinegar to the pan and swirl each side of the pork chop in the sauce, continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 140*F, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and rest for about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the pan sauce and your favorite side. Enjoy!