1 ¼ tsp active dry yeast
¼ cup lukewarm water, 110°F
½ Tbsp sugar
298g all purpose flour (2 ¼ cups approx)
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp Spicewalla Black Pepper
2 heaping tsp Spicewalla Amore Pizza Seasoning
3 oz finely grated parmesan cheese
3 oz finely grated pecorino romano
4 large eggs beaten, room temp
½ cup butter, melted and cooled slightly (1 stick)
Olive oil for topping
- In a small bowl combine yeast with lukewarm water and sugar until yeast is dissolved. Allow to sit for 10 minutes or until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, Amore Pizza Seasoning, parmesan and pecorino until evenly distributed.
- Add eggs and butter and mix to combine. The batter should be soft but not sticky, add more flour if necessary.
- Knead dough around the bowl or on a floured surface for 10 minutes, until smooth. Cover with a damp towel and leave in a warm place until it has doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Knead again for 5 minutes and place in an oiled 9 ½ x 5 loaf pan (alternatively you can use a small spring form, or any pan with high sides). Let it rise, covered with a dry towel, for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Oil the top of the bread with olive oil and place in the center rack of the oven. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Let it rest in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully remove it and cool completely on a cooling rack. Enjoy!