Lemon Peel Dutch Baby with Pink Peppercorn Berries
For this recipe you will need:
3 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon Spicewalla Lemon Peel
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
a pinch Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup blackberries
1/4 cup blueberries
2 tablespoons Spicewalla Pink Peppercorns
1/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425º.
2. Place sugar and pink peppercorns in a mortar and pestle or spice grinder, mash or grind until homogenous. Sprinkle over mixed berries in a bowl and stir. Set aside.
3. Make batter: Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl until frothy. Whisk in milk, lemon peel, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add the flour last and whisk to combine. Let batter sit for 20 minutes before baking.
4. Place cast iron in the oven to preheat for about 10 minutes.
5. Remove pan and add butter. Once the butter is melted and bubbling, immediately pour in the batter and place in the oven.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes until puffy and golden brown around the edges.
7. Remove pan from the oven.
8. Place berry and pink peppercorn mixture in the center of the dutch baby.
9. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately. (For extra indulgence, top berries with yogurt or whipped cream).