2 pounds flank steak
1 cup neutral cooking oil (such as canola, peanut, safflower)
4 Tbsp Spicewalla Carne Asada blend
1 lime, cut into wedges
3-4 radishes, thinly sliced
1/4 cup red onion, small diced
1 jalapeño, small diced
Cotija cheese, for garnish
Cilantro, for garnish
- Place flank steak in a bowl or resealable bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and Carne Asada blend. Reserve a few tablespoons for later.
- Pour remaining marinade over skirt steaks and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove steaks from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat grill or cast iron pan to medium-high heat.
- Remove steaks from marinade gently shake off any excess.
- Cook steak for about 7 minutes per side or until 135°F internal temperature for medium-rare.
- Remove from heat, place steak on a cutting board and rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice steak against the grain, spoon reserved marinade over the sliced steak before serving.
- Assemble tacos with steak, squeeze of lime, radishes, onion, jalapeño, cotija, and cilantro.
Hi Kenyatta, thanks for your question! Yes, you can definitely use this spice blend for ground beef in tacos! Sounds delicious!