Sweet & Spicy Summer Snack Mix
Looking for a snack that covers all the bases? Sweet, spicy, salty, nutty, fruity, seedy, popcorny - it's all right here in one bowl. This mix is easy to make, totally customizable and a crowd favorite whether you're chilling at the beach or just watching tv on a Sunday. It's the guilt-free snack that will have you coming back handful after handful.
1 15 oz can chickpeas
1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
pinch of Spicewalla Table Grind Black Pepper
pinch of Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt
1/4 cup roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup mixed nuts (or any nut of your choice!)
1/3 cup popped popcorn
1/4 cup dried mango, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon Spicewalla Kashmiri Chilli Powder
2 teaspoons Spicewalla Orange Peel
1. Preheat oven to 400* F
2. Drain chickpeas and place on a kitchen towel. Let sit for 5 mins then blot dry thoroughly.
3. Place chickpeas in a small bowl and coat evenly with coconut oil. Sprinkle with a pinch of Spicewalla Black Pepper and Spicewalla Sicilian Sea Salt.
4. Transfer for a sheet tray and bake for 35-40 mins, stirring halfway through, until golden brown. Cool slightly.
5. Turn oven down to 250*F
6. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, brown sugar, Spicewalla Kashmiri Chilli Powder, and Spicewalla Orange Peel. Cook until just starting to bubble, remove from heat.
7. Combine, chickpeas, pumpkin seeds, and nuts in a small bowl. Pour butter mixture into a bowl and stir to coat evenly.
8. Transfer to a sheet tray and bake at 250* F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 mins. Remove from oven and cool.
9. Combine snack mix with popcorn and dried mango. Salt and pepper to taste. Add an extra sprinkle of Kashmiri Chilli Powder on top if you're feeling spicy!
**Baked portion of snack mix can be made up to 3 days in advance. Add popcorn and mango before serving. Store in an airtight container.