PUMPKIN SPICED PEARS
A delicious autumnal treat, this recipe is super easy to make and very versatile! Dress it up with ice cream, creme fraiche, or whipped cream for a tasty and "healthy" dessert, or throw some granola on these pears for a decadent sweet and crunchy breakfast! Be sure to save that leftover Pumpkin Spice Pear sauce to add to any dessert, drink, or dish that needs an additional sweet topping!
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 stick unsalted butter
2 Tbsp Spicewalla Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp bourbon (optional)
1. Combine brown sugar, water, butter, Spicewalla Pumpkin Pie Spice, vanilla and bourbon, if using, in a large saute pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Add pears, cut side down and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Cover pan and simmer for another 5 minutes or until pears are easily pierced with a fork or paring knife.
4. Remove pears from pan, continue to simmer brown sugar sauce until thickened, about 3 minutes.
5. Spoon sauce over pears before serving. Enjoy!