These spicy little morsels of buffalo cauliflower are so good, you'll need to refill the plate by the second commercial break. Baked (not fried!) until golden brown, these spicy guys are sure to be a fan-favorite, especially among the crowd still holding on to their healthy-eating resolutions. Put down the nachos, and pick up the spicy veggies, people!
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER BITES
Yield: 4-5 Servings
Time: 1 hour
2 tsp Spicewalla Harissa
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Spicewalla Black Pepper
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
1 head cauliflower, cut into 1-2” florets
2 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
⅓ c hot sauce, we used Crystal
1. Preheat oven 400*
2. Combine flour, Spicewalla Harissa, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add buttermilk and stir to incorporate; batter should be thick but pourable. Add more buttermilk if needed.
4. Pour Panko into a separate bowl, set aside.
5. Add cauliflower florets to buttermilk mixture and gently stir, making sure to coat them completely.
6. Working one at a time, remove each floret from the batter and shake off excess. Dip into the bowl with the panko crumbs, turning to cover each side and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between each one to ensure crispiness.
7. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
8. Make buffalo sauce: Combine melted butter and hot sauce in a large bowl, stir to combine.
9. Remove cauliflower from the oven and place florets into the bowl with the hot sauce, toss to coat.
10. Serve immediately with your favorite wing dipping sauce and celery.